Thank you for choosing to donate to us! Whether large or small, all donations are most welcome.
For every £1 donated, 93p goes directly to the support and development of the Museum
In the past we have been lucky enough to receive grants, in particular from the Heritage Lottery Fund, to fund developments. Acquisition costs have been supported by The Art Fund, the V&A Purchase Grant Fund, and many other charitable foundations.
Funding however often needs to be matched by our own contribution. This underlines the significance of donors' support, which makes a real difference to what we can do.
Here are a few examples of the work we have achieved thanks to legacies and donations:
- Acquisition of paintings and drawings by Hodges and Webber, together with prints, documents, medals and contemporary newspapers
- New bookcase for Library, and additions to the Clark Collection of antiquarian voyages and travels
- Publication of fully illustrated catalogues for recent special exhibitions
- Purchase of large early map of the Pacific Ocean showing Cook’s discoveries to match the one of the Pacific before Cook
- An additional bench for visitors in our award winning garden
If you would simply like to make a one-off donation to the Museum’s work, please get in touch or send a donation by cheque or card.
Online Donations You can opt to make your donation to Captain Cook Memorial Museum online. All our online donations are handled by PayPal. We accept Visa, Visa Electron, Mastercard, Switch, Delta, Solo, and Maestro.
If you would like to Gift Aid your donation (if you do, Captain Cook Memorial Museum receives an extra 25p for each pound you give) please choose the Gift Aid button.
Please note: You do not need a PayPal account to donate online
Cook would have explored the solar system today! He finished, more or less, the discovery of planet earth. Bravo! Whitby colliers were the starships of their age
Thank you for your interest and much valued support